Being a Mentee at Hinesight
Mentoring is about getting ahead. It’s about being better with organization, with confidence, with improving your abilities and discovering new ones. It’s about better academic scores and learning to get the most out of academic opportunities. But, most or all, it is about having fun while learning and improving!
Hinesight pairs each mentee with a trained mentor that will work with you in a one-on-one relationship, helping, guiding and encouraging you to be your best. Hinesight also provides monthly group activities with other mentees in our program that help you build friendships and alliances.
- Age 10-14
- Reside in the Fredericksburg city area or neighboring counties
- Demonstrate a desire to participate in the program and be willing to abide by all Hinesight mentoring program policies and procedures
- Be able to obtain parental/guardian permission and ongoing support for participation in the program
- Agree to an initial one-year commitment to the program
- Commit to spending a minimum of five hours a month with the mentor
- Be willing to communicate with the mentor weekly
- Complete screening procedure: Attending mentee training session, complete written application, obtain parent/guardian consent, complete mentee interview (More detail in policy and procedure document)
- Agree to attend mentee trainings as required
- Be willing to communicate regularly with the program director and discuss monthly meeting information and activity information
Join the Hinesight Mailing List
Hinesight is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization.
All content © 2018 by Hinesight.